Friday, November 20, 2009

Through the Fire

So many times I’ve questioned certain circumstances of things I could not understand. Many times in trials, weakness blurs my vision and my frustration gets so out of hand.  It’s then I am reminded, I’ve never been forsaken, I’ve never had to stand a test alone.  When I look at all my victories, His spirit rises up in me and in my weakness He will make me strong.

He never promised that the cross would not get heavy, or that the hill would not be hard to climb.  He never offered a victory without fighting but He said help would always come in time. Just remember when your standing in the valley of decision and the adversary says “give in”. Just hold on, our Lord will show up, and he will take you through the fire again.

 

You may recognize these words if you’ve heard this song.  It’s one of my favorites and it always lifts me up.  I hope it has ministered to you.

april_signature01.png picture by aprilpettis

3 comments:

  1. A lady at my church sings this song and it always touches me so...as did your post....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being such a sweet blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It is good to wait patiently for the salvation of the LORD! Love your blog!
    Joyfully,
    Wylie

    ReplyDelete